Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Less than 4 months...eek


We are at the stage where it is too soon to get anything really done aka sign a lease on an apartment, sign up for classes, etc. so it has been especially frustrating for me (holly). My days are pretty much identical each day: work/practice 8-5, eat dinner, do dishes, crash. Thankfully, my wonderful 70-year old cranky curmudgeon of a landlord has notified us that she will be showing our apartment every weekday until someone signs a lease. I asked her nicely if there was any way that she could refrain from showing the place on the 21st (the day after Phil's recital, we don't know if we will have company or not and I certainly will not feel like cleaning!). She then proceeded to accuse us of not keeping a clean enough house, saying "welll can you make your place a little neater?" Excuse me you old biddy but I will clean what I can with the time that I have. My mom and Phil's mom I'm sure would be the first to say that we are definitely not the neatest freaks in the family, but the apartment has never been a complete wreck, and certainly not when company would be in the house...so kiss it Chaney Properties!

Anyways, the only thing I can really say I look forward to in my day, besides hanging out with Phil and friends, is my clarinet quartet, Obsidian (we're the four nerds up there to the left). We were lucky enough to be invited to Kansas City, MO for the annual ClarinetFest. We'll be playing in the same festival as Ricardo Morales and Mark Nuccio and Laura Arden, woohoo! We are world premiering one work and ICA premiering a second, both of which are very cool and very challenging...so if you are in the midwest on July 2nd, check it out :)

Annnd this concludes my first blog ever, there will be many more to come, especially once things start falling into place!

No comments: