Friday, August 15, 2008

Bill Murray In the Sky With Diamonds?

So yesterday I woke up to the roaring sounds of the Blue Angels flying, very low, over our apartment building. I got a chance to see one of them skimming by our street as I was waiting outside for the cable guy and I got really excited about this weekends Chicago Air and Water Show which started today at 3 pm. I assume they were doing test runs for the show, which occurs right on Lake Michigan.

I figured that we would be able to see the show today just as well as we saw the test runs yesterday, so Holly and I headed over to our beach, which is a few miles north of the North Avenue beach where the actual show is, at 2:45 in hot anticipation for sweetness! It was gonna be awesome! We were gonna see the Blue Angels! We were going to see Bill Murray parachute out of a plain with the US Army Golden Knights Parachute Team! We were gonna see the F-22 Raptor and the Thunder Cougar Falcon Thunderbird! (Futurama anyone?)

Today, however we got to see a few planes turning around to head back to the "cool" beach. Luckily, the majority of the show is tomorrow and Sunday, so we'll probably head over to the North Avenue beach to see some of the stuff close up tomorrow.


Bill Murray may have been somewhere on that plane

Had a great time yesterday hanging out with Holly, my brother Jonny, and his daughter Sophie at the Lincoln Park Zoo which is one of Chicago's great free activities!

Riding the carousel with Jonny and Sophie

annnnnnnnnnnndddddddddd........... as promised!!!!!

This is why we feel safe at night


No comments: