Not much to write tonight, sorry! Things have been pretty uninteresting since the last post. I did have a chance to meet up with an old friend from high school, Mike Sindt, which was pretty cool. We had a good time hanging out at the Hancock Tower and reminiscing on some stupid silly events that occurred back then: like the time that I broke my nose after running face first in to a metal gate, or the time that I hit my head on the top wooden log of a tire swing. Swingers beware! Those things are not meant for horseplay.
Holly and I went to Six Flags Great America this weekend which was pretty fun. It really doesn't compete with either of the Virginia amusement parks that we grew up going to, Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion, but it was still a good time. The best ride, by far, was the Vertical Velocity. According to the Six Flags website it is a "suspended spiraling impulse coaster that utilizes an advanced design electromagnetic propulsion system to launch riders at speeds of up to 70 mph in less than four seconds." AKA, it was really fast and really fun. It's basically a giant U shaped ride, a lot like a skateboarding half pipe. You get launched directly in to a vertical, spiraling ascent before spiraling back down, whizzing past the people waiting in line, and then launch up the other side of the track. The scariest part of the ride is the hang time that you get on either side of track before gravity reclaims you. It's pretty wild.
By far the worst ride, disappointingly, was the brand spanking new Batman, the Dark Night Coaster. I can't imagine why they would turn such an insanely bad ass movie into such a horribly mediocre ride. If you've ever been to King's Dominion, you'll understand what I mean when I say that the Scooby Doo coaster is more of a thrill. I can only imagine that, if the movie were based on the ride, Batman would undergo some sort of gender reduction surgery, whilst the Joker river danced at the local YMCA. Okay, well it wasn't that bad. But to be serious, I think the Dark Knight Coaster would do much better job of keeping the perspiration from my beverages off of the coffee table. Alright, I should stop. It was pretty good. But not really.
On a completely unrelated note, I have my first audition for school ensembles coming up in a few weeks so I'm starting to do some major practicing, which feels good. It can be difficult, though, finding the inspiration to practice when there are so many amazing things to do! I guess I can rely on the inspiration to not suck.
Well, that's all for this installment. Sorry there are no shiny pictures this time! But maybe if you're lucky, I'll post an extra picture next time!
-Phil
No comments:
Post a Comment