We went to a Target in Evanston yesterday that wasn't by an El stop so we drove. It took us an HOUR to go 3 miles. As most of you know, Phil and I are pretty spontaneous people which does not work here. We have to freakin plan everything for that day when we wake up, then take into account that we will be on the El for 2 hours total to get to that destination not including walking to and from the El and to and from our destination...I know it seems trivial but so much of my life seems to be either in a car or on a train now rather than doing other things...I didn't think it would effect me so much but it is! I get stressed just thinking about going somewhere. I am sure that I will adapt to this new way of life, but right now I am still taking baby steps :) Anyways, enough of my whining, check out some pics!
at the beach (2 blocks away!)
Phil and mom in front of our new apartment!
Northwestern's campus...LOVING IT!!
Us hangin on the beach (did I mention its only 2 blocks away! :) )
2 comments:
Things will get better, you'll get more and more use to it all, and eventually you'll be able to get back to your spontaneous ways. I miss you guys so much!! Can't wait till Josh and I come up to see you! Love you guys!!
Manda
I'm sorry you have an elephant living above you! hehe, I can't wait to come visit!!! :) :) MISS YOU!!!
LOVELOVELOVE,
Annalisa
Post a Comment