Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hi everyone, sorry it's been a little bit since I last posted, but Holly and I have been super busy trying to make ourselves feel at home. We spent the majority of last week in the suburbs of Chicago doing shopping for stuff to add to our apartment. More accurately, however, we spent the majority of last week stuck in traffic just trying to get to the suburbs.

We got all of the furniture for our apartment from the Ikea in Schaumburg. If you have never shopped at an Ikea, then you seriously should go to your nearest one, now! The stuff they sell there is dirt cheap and not even because it's crappy stuff! It's so cheap because you do just about all of the work yourself. You go pick out the furniture you want, write down the locations of all of it, go downstairs to the warehouse and find it, and then go cart it yourself to the checkout line and pay for it. You have to assemble it all yourself, but it's pretty easy to do and looks like a professional did it. Now, we had ours shipped to us so it was almost a week before we had any furniture in our apartment, but now it's all assembled and looks great!

Spent the rest of last week hanging out with family and doing the typical Chicago activities, going to the zoo, the Field Museum, and hanging out at the beach, which is only 2 blocks from our building in Edgewater.

We still don't have internet yet, so I'm writing this in a cool little coffee shop by our place. We should get our cable/internet set up on Wednesday so I'll be able to post more frequently after that. I guess that's all for now. Stay classy!

-Phil

No comments: